Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Early Voting Was Easy Today in Worcester

Tuesday October 25, 2016

     I decided to go vote today since my mind is already made up and I figured I can avoid the inevitable lines on November 8th. I am very glad I did. For those who don't know, I live in Worcester MA  and our early voting has started. There are 5 polling sites across the city that are being used on a rotating basis. Today it was at Mt. Carmel Catholic Church. (That is ironic given the hatred the Clinton Campaign has for Catholics.)
     The first thing I noticed when I arrived at 10 am was that the parking lot was only about 3/4 full. Compared to what it will be like in two weeks, that was a nice surprise. On the other hand the lot was 3/4 full at a Catholic church on a Tuesday, a true miracle in this day and age. There was one lone candidate running for state rep holding a sign for himself. Other than that, no other political signs of any kind were in sight. As I entered the building with several other people we were met by a steady line of people exiting. Getting my ballots and voting was very easy. I gleefully voted for Trump, Kate Campanale ( My State Rep), and Lew Evangelidas, my county sheriff. I was pleasantly surprised when I handed my envelope over to a police officer, who then sealed it closed with glue better than I had done myself and promptly placed it in a ballot box. I got the impression he was going to guard that box as if it was full of priceless diamonds and I left feeling confident the process was being run as cleanly as possible.
     As for the other voters I met, no one was talking about the election but people seemed to be intent on participating. On my ride home, I failed to see any Clinton signs but did find a couple Trump signs which had not been stolen yet.
     If you are a Trump voter, I would encourage you to vote early so that you can help get others to the polls on the 8th. If you are a Clinton voter I also encourage you to go vote on November 9th, so you can be part of the process too.